2022 Projects by Stephen Black; mainly AR, photography and NFT research (MAITH starts here)
My goals for 2022 were to:
- Continue creating independent GeoPose AR tests and artworks.
- Publicize those, and other projects, always including supporters.
- Research NFTS so as to determine whether to take action or not.
- Re-enter professional photography by investing in a medium format digital camera and lighting equipment
- Repeat the ‘September in NYC’ experience.
- Create my definition of ‘metaverse’, and move forward- or not.
- Lay the foundation for Maith, an AR/web3 company which will represent my work, the work of others, and function as a boutique agency for commercial projects.
- Huge THANK YOUs to Augmented.City, XR Masters, Novaby, Flamingo Filters, the OARC, Area 505, Scandy and all of those with whom I have crossed paths with this past year.
Follow up from Christopher Lafayette interview.
Tyler Dempsey interview, publicity for Book Merah, my publishing venture.
Storie in XR: Stephen Black e Sayuri Okayama - Simonetta Pozzi
Conoscete il progetto narrativo Storie in XR e social VR ? Nato lo scorso agosto con il fine di far conoscere i…
Blog of Simonetta Pozzi , on how Sayuri Okayama and myself created Bubiko, as well as the story of why we committed to AR in 2015, despite having no technical experience nor funding.
Discovered, and started making, POAPs!
Began serious discussions with one2all about the creation of a Maith NFT gallery.
Presentation at Rochester Brainery.
AR tests at the Rochester Public Market.
Unofficial NFT placement in Times Square, as part of NFTNYC.
Collaboration with Lady Wong Patisserie, using AR to showcase AR art based on Southeast Asian pastries.
Commissioned ism Toys to make two prototype models of Bubiko Foodtour.
There's a Giant Flock of Bagels Flying Around My Living Room!
Hello everyone! Last week's issue, in which I investigated the proliferation of novel titles based on some variation of…
AR works on display as part of Bushwick Open Studios.
Photo projects: Bagelfest, Sho Konishi @ Ace Hotel Fashion show, Broadway in the Boros, and Highside Art Space
First of two Bubiko model prototypes arrives.
Bowling Green Holiday Parade: Scanned w Augmented.City, models viewed with XR Masters app.
Chicago: research for collectibles and AR project partners
Testing at Toledo Museum of Art featuring 2D and 3D works by Paul Dodd
Eclipse music video completed for Head Peddlers
2021 Projects here.
My thoughts on NFTs are elsewhere on this Medium channel.